cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

"Live view unavailable", mostly during the afternoon

Toviven
Community Member

During the day, when I try to access my nest cameras, I frequently get the "live view unavailable" message. For my nest cameras on battery, I understand. Might be saving battery, sure.

For my doorbell wired and my cameras plugged in, that's unacceptable. It's constantly plugged in, why would it need to save battery? Furthermore, with my experience of nest cameras, the stream is saved to Google cloud and then back to me. With the cameras plugged in, why would it need to save power? Use the AC power, upload to the cloud and deliver me my stream.

Recently, I've been going through a diagnosis phase. My old router was dying and all my devices were frequently going offline. I knew it was the router, so I bought a nest wifi pro. It was still happening, so then I thought maybe it was the cameras slowly dying due to a cold weather season last year. In the early mornings (12-8am), the cameras are perfectly fine.

So I have a brand new nest wifi pro router, which claims to be smart and establish strong connections to my nest cameras. Live view are always strong during the night. Cameras aren't the issue as they're plugged in and can produce a strong connection most of the time, just not in the afternoon. My thought is 2.4ghz interference. My neighbors must be using a lot of WiFi channels, but the nest wifi pro can't manually select channels.

How do I strengthen my connections to my cameras?

Dns is set to Google DNS, WPA-3 is enabled so some of my devices can get off the 2.4ghz channels and use 6hhz, ipv6 is disabled. I have a strong 1Gbps connection, nest wifi pro speed tests show the same strong connection, connection to my cameras are usually strong-ok. As the cameras and router don't move, there should be no inconsistencies in connection.

0 REPLIES 0