Hello, I'm having an issue with chromecast that was working perfectly well for a few years until I changed wifi-router.
With the new router the chromecast seems to be connected to the wifi with internet access, but it's not visible to my android or desktop. Here is what I know:
1. Chromecast is in ambient mode, meaning its connected to wifi, and even has an internet access. I tried turning internet access off/on through router noticing that time is not displayed once it has no internet access
2. Chromecast and android are both connected to the same 5GHz wifi network (according to router settings).
3. Router settings except wifi name and password are set by default, I did not change or block anything
4. Turning wifi on android off/on does not help
5. Turning chromecast off/on does not help
6. Reset chromecast to factory settings does not help
7. Only thing that works is restarting the router. However, the chromecast is working only a few hours after the restart, in 3-4 hour it's the same issue
Thanks for any info I can get!
Answered! Go to the Recommended Answer.