cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Changes in actions via voice commands

RichardHH
Community Member

Morning!

Short: Color change commands are not working when executed via GoogleAssistant but working with GoogleHome.

Replicate:

Routine/Action named "light test":

If i tap the "play" icon within the Google-Home App to start the routine containing the command (german):
"Setze <lampe> auf kerzenlicht"  (english "set <lamp/bulb> to candlelight"), the command will be executed fine.

If i SAY(!) "Ok goole, light test" it will not be executed by the home app since voice commands are processed by the Google-Assistant - and there (Assistant) the routine-execution will fail ("<lamp/bulb> wont support this function").

Also puttin a shortcut from within the home-app to the mobile desktop will result in the same behaviour as the action is then also executed via Google-Assistant.

So cleary the Assistant is the problem, not sending the correct command format for colour-change-actions to the bulb. GoogleHome is doing it right.

So THAT needs to be fixed so we all can trigger and colour-change functionality also via voice.

Thanks!

Richard

1 REPLY 1

rcc29
Community Member

This issue is similar to this topic: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Apps-Account/Google-home-no-longer-allows-changing-of-light-c...

I am having the exact same issue. Automations for turning on + changing light color work just fine in Google Home, but on Google Assistant it will just turn on and give me a "<lamp/bulb> wont support this function" error message.

Using a Tuya RGB led strip controller.