cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

SOLVED - Upgrade to Nest Aware Plus

Honeybadger97
Community Member

In an effort to help others, I'm posting this solution.

I spent hours trying to figure out how to upgrade from trial Nest Aware basic to Nest Aware Plus.  

90% of the replies here are a regurgitation of the following link: https://support.google.com/product-documentation/answer/12657252#zippy=%2Cswitch-between-nest-aware-...

None of these solutions worked for me.  No magically 3 dots.  No upgrade link to click. 

I tried via Chrome Brower(iOS, Android, & PC). I tried via Nest App (iOS, Android, & PC).  I tried via Google Home iOS.  Nothing worked.

SOLUTION:

1) Google Home app.  ANDROID only. 

2) Next to Cameras icon is a Settings gear icon.  Click it. 

3) Scroll down to Nest Aware under Features. Click it.

4) Between the "Settings" section and "Contact us" you should see a "Manage subscriptions" Click It.  (This link is missing in iOS as of 3-21-2023.)

5) You should now see a new Nest Aware screen that allows you to: Change plan, Change billing, Update payment, or Cancel subscription.  Click change plan. Voilà!

Please upvote so others find this first.

5 REPLIES 5

rzaouk
Community Member

Thank you for this info...i had already spent an hour trying all the other links to upgrade my subscription.... There's a few infinite loops on there. 

Thanks again

jamisoncrawford
Community Member

It was absurdly difficult to try and give Google more of my money in exchange for more security. 

Hello jamisoncrawford,

Thanks for posting here in the Community. Could you tell us more about your concern so that we can check the options that we can provide. To confirm, do you have a Nest Aware subscription? Let us know your update here.

Regards,
Emerson

Hi Emerson,

I had the trial version of Nest Aware after purchasing a Gen 2 Wired Nest Doorbell. I was able to use the above solution to upgrade to Nest Aware Plus after spending roughly two hours researching how to upgrade. 

When you have the trial version and are signed in via your Google Account, there are no options available in Google's subscription management services to upgrade. Selecting the Nest Aware Plus plan on the official Nest site simply takes you to the subscription management page, which shows that you have Nest Aware, but no option to upgrade. 

I even unsubscribed and deleted the subscription prematurely and was still unable to choose the upgraded plan. I finally got it working by upgrading through the Android app.

Thanks,

Jamison 

Hey there,

Perfect! Thanks for sharing that with us, and we appreciate your efforts here. As we got our resolution here, I'm going to mark this thread as complete. I'll be locking this thread if we won't hear back from you again in 24 hours. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future. 

Thanks for your help, Emerson.

Cheers,

JT