cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google nest protect smoke sensor failure

Balajikenneth
Community Member

My nest protect starts chirping at early morning like 3-5 am. I tried to reset it by long press and it does a self test followed by " everything is fine" message. Later it starts chirping next morning. This has gone on for 1 week now and I've tried the self service methods of dusting it, resetting it etc. This is a direct powered version and not a battery one. This morning it says wifi connection problem too on top of smoke sensor failure.

I had opened a conversation before and have tried cleaning the dust off my device and also have changed my batteries and restarted it multiple times.

Below is the link for the previous conversation -

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Protect/nest-protect-smoke-sensor-failure-1-year-old/m-p...

9 REPLIES 9

listairee
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello @Balajikenneth,

Thanks for reaching out. Did you ever fill out the form mentioned in the previous conversation? If not, that's the place I would start at so they can best assist you with this issue.

Hope that helps! 🙂

Hello, I went ahead and filled that form but I've seen no replies back. how do I get my nest protect replaced?

Hello folks,

I wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Thanks for the help here, @listairee.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience here, @Balajikenneth. To make sure that we'll receive your form, could you please fill out another form using the same email associated with your Community profile? Let me know once you're done so I can reach out to our team.

Regards,

Mark

Hey Balajikenneth,

We haven't received your form. Were you able to fill it out? Do you still need help?

I appreciate the help here, listairee and Mark.

Thanks,

JT

Hi I have filled the form multiple times and I have posted the issue here in the thread. What are you intending to find out from the form? I need my nest protect replaced soon. It beeps every day saying that the sensors have failed.

Hello there,

Thanks for the update. We got the form you've submitted — thanks for filling that out. I'll consider this post as complete and will lock the thread in 24 hours. Please keep an eye on your email as someone from our team will reach out to you to assist you further.

Best,

JT

Balajikenneth
Community Member

Can you please send that link again?

Balajikenneth
Community Member

Hello could you please send the link again?

Balajikenneth
Community Member

Hello, my smoke sensor is beeping everyday and I have to reset it to stop beeping. I need a replacement device to be sent. Please assist.