cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Return of a Nest Protech smoke alarm

mattlewisccit
Community Member

I have been dealing with a return of my nest Smoke alarm since May os 2022, it is now November 21, 2022 and the issue has not been resolved. My product stopped working so I received a RMA from google with a fedex lable that they provided. To start Fedex had the unit for several months,

Travel HistoryDate Time, Status and Location
Thursday, 5/5/2022
12:11 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Tuesday, 5/10/2022
12:03 PM
At U.S. Postal Service facilityAccepted by U.S. Postal Service - Tracking ID 9202396343447725973182
SAN ANTONIO, PR
Monday, 5/16/2022
8:31 AM
At U.S. Postal Service facilityIn transit to shipper/merchant
CATANO PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
8:32 AM
CATANO PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Sunday, 6/5/2022
10:15 PM
SAN JUAN PR DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Thursday, 9/15/2022
4:55 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST ELLENWOOD, GA
4:59 AM
ELLENWOOD, GA
Friday, 9/16/2022
4:50 PM
HUTCHINS, TX
Sunday, 9/18/2022
4:56 PM
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
Tuesday, 9/20/2022
5:49 AM
Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST DALLAS, TX
9:55 AM
Delivered
GRAPEVINE, TX
7 REPLIES 7

mattlewisccit
Community Member

Since then I have been tring to get google to return my Nest to Puerto Rico, but they will not.

So I told them to send it to a friend in NJ and they say they have to cofirm that they have recived it.

Re: Requested conversation copy

Matt Lewis <#>

Oct 24, 2022, 2:42 PM
to googlenest-support
I live in Puerto Rico

On Mon, Oct 24, 2022, 2:41 PM <#> wrote:
Hello Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team.

This is Terry with Google Nest Senior Support. I am following up with you on your replacement device. We have received your defective device in the warehouse. However, when we process the return it fails due to your shipping address. Do you have an address on the mainland that we can use to ship your replacement?

Please be mindful of my business hours when requesting an appointment.

My office hours are 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM CST, Monday through Friday.
Please allow 24 to 48 hours for a return call. You are greatly appreciated. For additional support please contact the Google Store for Phone Support: 855-836-3987 (US).

For your reference your case number is 0-5709000033597. If you need more help, you can contact us again and reference this case number or reply to this email to reopen your case.

Have a new question? There are lots of ways to get back in touch with us below.

Thank you,
Ms.Terry

The Google Nest Customer Care Team

mattlewisccit_5-1669062556317.pngmattlewisccit_6-1669062579416.png

mattlewisccit
Community Member

again today, they still will not ship my product back to me, they say it has been escalated, which is what they say every time I reach out to them. Is this any way to treat a buying customer?

Hi mattlewisccit,

I’m sorry for the inconvenience. This isn’t the experience we wanted you to have. I’ve reviewed the case ID you shared and made a follow up with our higher level of support for further assistance. We’ll get back to you once we get a word.

Thanks,

JT

Thanks, but I have heard this many many times. Until I see a tracking number and have the unit arrive at my house, I will I be happy. I will keep everyone updated of the progress.

Hey there,

Please hang in there — I'll get back to you as soon as I have something to share.

Best,

JT

Hey mattlewisccit,

Thanks for your patience. I’ve got an update. I’ve reviewed the case ID you shared and I can confirm that our higher level of support has processed your replacement. For any questions or concerns, let’s continue through that channel. I'm going to mark this thread as resolved and I’ll be locking this thread after 24 hours. Should that happen, feel free to create a new one if you have more questions or have other concerns in the future.

Best,

JT