cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Variety of Errors while installing a Nest Protect, P018, P030 and P014

kambiz
Community Member

Hello all,

I have a Nest Thermostat currently working on my network and two Nest Protects that used to work but now these two devices have dropped off my network and I'm unable to connect. 

I have a CenturyLink C4000XG modem and router; it is a proprietary device. I cannot get a different device as this is the only one that my ISP states will work and I cannot change the firmware. I have ensured I have a separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless network and I also have it set up IP6 priority as well as disabled the firewalls. 

I have attempted to add these devices both on a iOS and Android device and I get a variety of errors , such as P018, P030 and P014; sometimes P016 and P003 is thrown in. I have done the hold down for 10 seconds to reset the devices many times but I cannot get them to join back up with the Nest Thermostat. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to these errors. I feel like I've went through every troubleshooting step that is provided online but I haven't had any success. Any guidance on what else I can do to get these two Protects to work would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

barkerg1214
Community Member

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem with both of mine. 

Unfortunately no, I have not. My nest thermostat is on the network but my best protects remain off line which I guess is OK. They still have the smoke detector feature. I would however like a resolution to it. 

barkerg1214
Community Member

Darn. I'm going to keep trying, I'll let you know if I get it figured out.

barkerg1214
Community Member

I'm not sure if you have a similar situation to me, but I had a motion sensor that was out and I didn't know it, I put new batteries in it and then I was able to add the Nest protects.