cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

3 generation thermostat sometimes will not turn heat back on

accsupt1952
Community Member

Why will my heat sometime not turn back in at nite? I have cleared all my settings but I have to move Temp up for furnace to restart

6 REPLIES 6

RyanM1
Community Member

I came here for the same issue. I have cleared all settings but at the coldest part of the night it automatically goes off.

CBFox
Bronze
Bronze

Please provide some detail about how you are trying to tell the Nest what temperature you want during the night.

Do you have presence sensing turned on (or Home/Away Assist)?  it's possible that the Nest incorrectly decides that you're Away, and lowers the temperature to your Eco or Away setting.  If you turn off presence sensing, does the Nest perform better?

Are you running the Nest on a schedule that calls for the same temperature all night?  Even if you didn't set up a schedule, there may be a default one in there.  See if there's a set point with a cold temperature in the wee hours.

i HAVE NITE TIME TEMP SET TO 66 AT MIDNITE AGAIN LAST NITE TEMP DROPPED TO 61 AND i HAD TO MOVE TEMP UP FOR FURNACE TO COME ON

Hi folks,

I wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Thanks for assisting, @CBFox.

@accsupt1952 and @RyanM1, I did find a helpful article with some troubleshooting steps for when your thermostats are changing their temperatures or modes randomly. Please let me know if that helps, or if the issue still persists.

Best regards,

Mark

Hello there,

I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any trouble from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Best regards,

Mark

Hi there,

I want to check if you have seen my response posted above. Please let us know if you have any further questions; otherwise, we'll close the thread in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Mark