cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

3rd Gen heatlink won’t fire up boiler

Tucksy81
Community Member

Had a 3rd gen thermostat for few years on a system boiler set up. Today it won’t fire up the boiler. Done the default resets on heatlink and thermostat. No error codes and both are connecting fine, When you turn the heating on via the thermostat the heatlink will click but that’s it., all lights are green. It Will work fine in manual on the hot water and heating. Any other tips please? Was all fitted new with a new system boiler 2 years ago

5 REPLIES 5

Ktea
Community Member

we have the same issue. We have followed all the links done everything suggested - it’s still not working - it has not been possible to by pass the heat link as it has no lower. We have contacted Boxt the engineers we are signposted to. They were supposed to contact us make an appointment for an engineer to perform a free refit. We have been told 4 times they will ring us to make an appointment - we have head nothing!! This all started  on Friday afternoon - we have had no heating all weekend and it’s hasn’t been above minus 1.  

Fordy62
Community Member

Any updates chaps? Same issue here. Heatlink just won’t connect to boiler. No error codes, all appears in order. Just can’t fire up boiler. 

Ktea
Community Member

OK - this a rather long reply as I am sending you a copy of an email I received from Google Nest customer support after I telephoned them last Sunday.  I followed their instructions we arranged for a temporary fix and have now had our heatsink delivered via dpd and replaced by a local electrician. (Sorry message wouldn't send with the links live so I've taken them out.  I think it fairly clearly explains what the process for getting the heat link replaced is.)

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team.

I've successfully created the request to replace your {Heat Link} and this could take up to 24 hours to be processed. Let me explain to you the next steps: 

1. In the next 30 minutes, you will receive a cart link via email to order your replacement. The cart link URLs start with xxx if it doesn’t say "replacement" in it, please don’t proceed. The cart link is valid for 72 hours. We advise you to double check your address in your gPay account before checking out from the cart link since that will be the address used to send your replacement unit to.
  2. You will receive a confirmation email from Google Store (with a confirmation ID), which you can use in the xxx link to find the latest updates on your replacement or return.
  3. You should receive the replacement within 2-7 business days. The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) return slip and prepaid shipping label to return your defective unit is attached to the same email. Here's how to return the defective unit:
  • Place the defective unit/part in the same box in which you receive your replacement product, only remove the old labels and attach the new one, or you can use any other spare box.
  • Drop the package at a nearby DHL Express or UPS store using the return shipping label provided, or schedule a pickup
  1. You'll have 21 days (from the replacement shipment date) to return your defective unit. We will send email reminders for your convenience, the authorization hold is dropped when the defective unit has been received which usually takes about 7 days to reflect on your account depending on your financial institution. 

Regarding the replacement installation, we will be able to reimburse you for the cost as a gesture of goodwill from our end since this issue has caused you difficulties, as long as you can provide us with the invoice and the cost will not exceed £125 (VAT Included and on the invoice it must state it is PAID). 

If you wish to contact a Nest Pro installer to uninstall the faulty Heat Link and to install the replacement one, please click here to find a Nest Pro installer in your area:  

If you are unable to control your heating while waiting for the replacement, we can also cover the cost of a temporary thermostat up to £30, and its installation up to £100. Both visits should be listed on separate invoices.

Or, if none are available or suitable, you may contact any installer which would agree to install it.

The invoices for the installation of the temporary non-programmable thermostat or on/off switch and for the installation of the replacement Heat Link must contain:

• Your first and last name
  • Your home address (or a mailing address)
  • A phone number where we can reach you
  • Information about the heating engineer:
    • Full name
    • License number
    • Company name and company address
    • Phone number
    • Invoice needs to show as paid before we can start the reimbursement process
  • Report guidelines:
    • PDF/JPEG/PNG format
    • Typed or printed
    • Legible if not typed/printed
    • An official letterhead or containing the official marks of the firm where the installer is hired (like the logo and other distinctive marks)
    • An address and phone number listed for the company
    • Itemized Invoice
  • Cost:
    • Must reflect the actual work done
    • Must not include items we shouldn’t pay for, such as normal maintenance or work not related to our product

Once you get the invoice(s) from the installer, please reply to my email with that/them attached and I will forward it to the proper department for review and processing

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Nest Customer Care Team.

I've successfully created the request to replace your {Heat Link} and this could take up to 24 hours to be processed. Let me explain to you the next steps: 

1. In the next 30 minutes, you will receive a cart link via email to order your replacement. The cart link URLs start with store.google.com/replacement, if it doesn’t say "replacement" in it, please don’t proceed. The cart link is valid for 72 hours. We advise you to double check your address in your gPay account before checking out from the cart link since that will be the address used to send your replacement unit to.
  2. You will receive a confirmation email from Google Store (with a confirmation ID), which you can use in the Order tracking details link to find the latest updates on your replacement or return.
  3. You should receive the replacement within 2-7 business days. The Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) return slip and prepaid shipping label to return your defective unit is attached to the same email. Here's how to return the defective unit:
  • Place the defective unit/part in the same box in which you receive your replacement product, only remove the old labels and attach the new one, or you can use any other spare box.
  • Drop the package at a nearby DHL Express or UPS store using the return shipping label provided, or schedule a pickup
  1. You'll have 21 days (from the replacement shipment date) to return your defective unit. We will send email reminders for your convenience, the authorization hold is dropped when the defective unit has been received which usually takes about 7 days to reflect on your account depending on your financial institution. 

Regarding the replacement installation, we will be able to reimburse you for the cost as a gesture of goodwill from our end since this issue has caused you difficulties, as long as you can provide us with the invoice and the cost will not exceed £125 (VAT Included and on the invoice it must state it is PAID). 

If you wish to contact a Nest Pro installer to uninstall the faulty Heat Link and to install the replacement one, please click here to find a Nest Pro installer in your area:  Find a Nest Pro.

If you are unable to control your heating while waiting for the replacement, we can also cover the cost of a temporary thermostat up to £30, and its installation up to £100. Both visits should be listed on separate invoices.

Or, if none are available or suitable, you may contact any installer which would agree to install it.

The invoices for the installation of the temporary non-programmable thermostat or on/off switch and for the installation of the replacement Heat Link must contain:

• Your first and last name
  • Your home address (or a mailing address)
  • A phone number where we can reach you
  • Information about the heating engineer:
    • Full name
    • License number
    • Company name and company address
    • Phone number
    • Invoice needs to show as paid before we can start the reimbursement process
  • Report guidelines:
    • PDF/JPEG/PNG format
    • Typed or printed
    • Legible if not typed/printed
    • An official letterhead or containing the official marks of the firm where the installer is hired (like the logo and other distinctive marks)
    • An address and phone number listed for the company
    • Itemized Invoice
  • Cost:
    • Must reflect the actual work done
    • Must not include items we shouldn’t pay for, such as normal maintenance or work not related to our product

Once you get the invoice(s) from the installer, please reply to my email with that/them attached and I will forward it to the proper department for review and processing. 

To post the faulty device please see the following options:

Option 1 – Arrange a DHL Courier Collection

1. To schedule a DHL courier collection please visit: Schedule a DHL Pickup 
  2. Please select the following options:
    • “Do you need to create a shipping label?” - No
    • Select “I have a DHL Waybill Number”
    • Please enter your 10 Digit Airwaybill number located under the top barcode on your DHL Shipping Label
  3. Enter your Pickup Address
  4. Select suitable Date/Time for a DHL Courier to collect your parcel
  5. Please affix the PrePaid Return DHL Label/s to your package/s prior to handing over to the DHL Courier.

Option 2 - Drop the package at a local DHL Express Service Point

1. Navigate to DHL Global Service Point Locator 
  2. Please select your Country & enter your Address/City/Postcode
    • Select "Send Shipment",
    • Select "I have a shipment with a DHL label"
    • Click on search to view the DHL Service Points near you.
  3. Please affix the PrePaid Return DHL Label/s to your package/s prior to handing over to agent at DHL Service Point

For your reference your case number is XXXX. If you need more help, you can contact us again and reference this case number or reply to this email to reopen your case.

Have a new question? There are lots of ways to get back in touch with us below.

Tucksy81
Community Member

Yeah turns out it was the motorised valve not activating on the boiler and nothing to do with the nest. They are the white boxes that open the pipes 

Fordy62
Community Member

Ahhh nice one mate. Sadly I know my boiler works… fires up sometimes. It not on demand! 😡