cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

6.2-22 Software Update Issues

Neelfsu
Community Member

Is anyone on the 6.2-22 Software version and having issues? My Nest thermostat was updated to the new software last week and since then I have had issues with both shorter cycles and the thermostat running for an extended time (far beyond target temperature). I'm curious if anyone else is having issues. 

I've contacted Google / Nest support and not one person  has any details on the 6.2-22 version and this software version isn't listed on the software version page. 

245 REPLIES 245

Neelfsu
Community Member

20211019_224325.jpg

Dsmit
Community Member

Seems Google doesn’t even acknowledge this firmware update exists.  

As of this writing, 6.2-22 is still not listed on their list of firmware updates:  https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9263516?hl=en#zippy=%2Cnest-thermostat%2Cnest-thermosta...

Dsmit
Community Member

6.2-22 is now listed, but with the wrong release date. It installed on my tgermostat October 27, but the release web page says November 1. 🙄

SK000
Community Member

Yap! That's what I said earlier!!

I've noticed my furnace was running for 5 hrs yesterday. That run time is long!! It's not that cold yet!! Last 3 yrs never had any issues! Not happy at all

Brian_S
Community Member

I just had a repair man out.  The Thermostat shows that it's calling for heat but it doesn't actually send the signal to the furnace.  This must be due to the software update.   It causes the house to take forever to come up to temperature because it only intermittently sends the correct signal to the furnance

Meny1
Community Member

What was the fix for this?

Brian_S
Community Member

The only fix might be to revert to the prior software, which some people say is happening automatically, or wait for the new software update.  

Tx1138
Community Member

I have the same issue. Any word in a fix?

SK000
Community Member

I've noticed the similar issues after updating since last evening. My furnace is running more and cycles are really long. You're right on Google site they don't have any info about software version 6.2-22

5pid3rPig
Community Member

Do you think the time to temp learning reset? This could be causing the longer cycles. It always takes mine about two weeks or so to learn this out. I do wish they detailed the "bug fixes and improvements."

Brian_S
Community Member

This is exactly the issue that I had.  I spent hours on the phone with Google and the support people weren't aware of the issue and also really didn't care.  They only cared that my thermostat was out of warranty.   I couldn't wait for a fix as it's winter where I live and I had to have the thermostat replaced.

Brown994
Community Member

Every cycle post update is short cycling now. Is there a way to downgrade ugh

SK000
Community Member

It's so annoying. I just restarted the thermostat. So the temperature was set to 23 degrees. After restarting, nest is sensing the room temperature is 22 and running again. I'm 100% sure that since updating to this 6.2-22 I'm seeing that my furnace is running longer and cycles are really short. Why there's no information about this software version on the Google nest version history! That's also another concern

HK21
Community Member

Yes that version has caused all kinds of problems. My Nest now won’t connect to WiFi and Nest App. Google royally screwed customers by pushing 6.2.22 to our thermostats.

Dsmit
Community Member

Just spent a long chat session with Google tech support.  The conclusion from their end is that there is a failure in the display causing the networking issue.  

My display looks and behaves flawlessly, so I remain skeptical.

As soon as the unit received the 6.2-22 update, it no longer could connect to Wi-Fi.  

Quite frustrating.

BDianne
Community Member

I’m having the same issue!!!! Frustrating 

OldCoder
Community Member
My Nest V3 thermostat updated itself to V6.2-22, and it broke app networking. The thermostat claimed to be online, and bound to my app, via my WiFi, but the app and the Nest website both claimed it was offline.

I deleted the thermostat from my Google account, and a factory reset to the thermostat, and the IOS app still can't successfully bind the thermostat to the app. "Your thermostat couldn't be added to your account. Check the app for more info.". The app says, "Finishing up Adding to your Nest Account", which implies that it WAS on my WiFi. The Thermostat displays a failure message long before the phone app notices. The app displays "For help, go to nest.com/m15"

The app appears to use Bluetooth out of band to configure the Nest WiFi. It appears to successfully configure the Nest to my WiFi, because it says that it is testing WiFi, and goes on from there, before failing.

I tried it using the Android app on my Samsung tablet, and got the same m15 failure.

I also tried it using the WiFi from our Arris Cable modem. Same error. My normal WiFi is via a Unifi UDM-PRO and several Unifi access ports. Everything else works with that.

I CAN manually add the Nest Thermostat to my WiFi, and make it check for a software update. That process appears to work. So, I do not believe that it is a WiFi issue.

One other symptom. When the phone app uses bluetooth to configure the WiFi, it always gives an immediate failure the first time. If I tell it to retry, it binds to the WiFi, tests it, and goes on from there

I do not know if the problem is in the Nest software, or in the Google website software.

My iPhone is running 14.8.1, and the Nest App is the latest, version 5.67.0

I deleted the thermostat from my Google account, did a factory reset to the thermostat, and attempted to use the app to add the thermostat to my Google Nest account. It still fails with error M15.

Chris

I just got it working. I had to reset my ARRIS cable modem/router to factory defaults to get my UDM-PRO router working again after doing a reset of the UDM-PRO back to factory defaults

Now that I reconfigured my ARRIS modem/router, reset my UDM-PRO router back to released software, and reconfigured my WiFi networks, my Nest successfully bound to the app.

Everything else in my network was working fine before this all happened, including my Blink cameras. The only thing that was not working was my Nest. Very strange

tyron
Community Member

My thermostat stopped responding commands from my phone, so I restarted it -- no change. Eventually I reset to factory. Once it booted up, I could no longer add to nest app (error M15), and skipping this part in the setup shows "no networks found" in the display. I think they bricked network on the device. 

Dsmit
Community Member

Indeed, they have. 

tyron
Community Member

Anyone on the same situation, do not despair! I completed the setup in my Nest without connecting to the network (since it didn't find any), and after about 2 hours I was able to go to Settings > Network and add it again! It's working with my phone as well, so all good. Good luck!

bradbort
Community Member

I'm having the same internet connectity issue with the newest firmware update. The nest says its connected on the device, but the app says it is disconnected. I just had it reboot and it seems to have come back for now. 

Lilreider
Community Member

Yep my Nest Thermostat was unable to turn on my heat, fan, or AC after the 6.2-22 update on 10/26/21. I called customer service and they had me to a complete factory reset… It did fix the problem, but pretty annoying. There should just be a way to roll back to the previous firmware until the latest firmware is fixed.

SK000
Community Member

I really don't want to factory reset. It's annoying already due to running heat for 25 mins in every hour

LT29
Community Member

My Nest also stopped working yesterday not too long after updating. I didn’t fully realize the connection to the update because my wife did it. Cause we’re already into cold nights and we have a toddler, I immediately called for furnace service, which localized the problem to the Nest. Wish I came in here first …..factory reset seemed to fix the issue and it’s running fine now. It says it’s still using 6.2-22

SK000
Community Member

You are right. I just factory reset the thermostat and it's seems to be good now like before. Thanks and it'll help others who are having issues with the same software version

I did the same thing. We just had a new furnace installed in the summer months and of course this hits the same day we get our first freezing temperature night. My assumption was an issue with the furnace unit or the connection to it. 

I just factory reset my Nest AND the HVAC tech gave me an old dumb thermostat to put next to it to test if the room reads the same temperature. 

I had the exact same problem. Thermostat doesn’t call for heat. Thought furnace was bad. had a technician confirm that it is a problem with the thermostat. After removing nest  from nest app, did the factory reset. It solved the problem I was having. Didn’t realize the issue was related to the firmware until I saw the update date coincided with when the thermostat stopped working. Of course it was also a cold day here in Colorado... 

Exact same here.  The repair guy said the thermostat was not sending the heating signal to the furnace.

Neelfsu
Community Member

Interesting, I did a factory reset a few days ago, but that did not seem to fix the issues and I still have the 6.2-22 software version.

SK000
Community Member

Probably trying out again!! Just to see if it helps!! For me at least my furnace is running like before and cycles are ok not like crazy but it's longer a bit then before updating to 6.2-22. I'm gonna keep an eye on this for the next couple of days.

markvw3
Community Member

I have 3 Nest E’s. And they are now on 6.2-22. I am having issues control the thermostats with the iOS app and eco mode does not seem to work. Ended up having to drive up to the house (cabin) and verify everything. Seems to be working now but will do a factory reset tomorrow to hedge my bets. Weird there are no release notes or anything about this software version. Very frustrating! 

HK21
Community Member

Indeed. Google has screwed customers by pushing 6.2.22 to their working Nest Gen 3 Thermostats. My Nest Gen 3 was fine until one day automatically downloading 6.2.22 version and then I lost WiFi hence connectivity to Nest App. All efforts failed in working with Google after all day of calls and chats. It boiled down to “your thermostat is out of warranty”. I got no clarification on why I have this mysterious version firmware and not the one Google claims is the latest one on their website. Clearly they rolled out something to pilot or a rogue employee tinkered with technology and we are out of expensive thermostat.  It’s a shame on Google. No wonder lawmakers are after these guys with too much air in their heads.

Neelfsu
Community Member

Yes, completely agree. I have chatted and talked to several members of the senior support team for Google / Nest and none of them even had any notes on the 6.2-22 Software Version. That does make it seem like this software version was mistakenly deployed, yet Google/Nest refuses to acknowledge this software version could be causing these issues and doesn't even offer the option to rollback to a previous version. 

Incredibly frustrating, especially since the thermostat controls what is the most expensive piece of equipment in many people's homes (HVAC). I'm concerned these issues are causing unnecessary wear and tear on my system. 

SK000
Community Member

Thanks for the update. 

Some updates from my observations after factory reset a day:

Seems like my furnace is running more than usual, cycles are longer and nest temperature keeps going low and takes longer to get into my desired temperature.

I'm keeping an eye on my furnace for sure. It's frustrating but nothing I can do. Last night it was so hot I woke up and turned down the temperature later. 

CaptainJeff
Community Member

Purchased Nest Learning to control both Heat (boiler) and AC (older system) in New England.  Installed 1 Apr 21.  Used heat and AC through mid June before transitioning to summer AC.  While getting ready for winter on 6 Oct 21, turned on heat and controller in TACO box (interface between thermostats and boiler) just kept clicking.  Called HVAC Co for PM and troubleshooting.  No issue with boiler.  Nest giving N72 error - no power to heat Rh wire (not true).  Tech bypassed thermostat and started boiler.  Contacted Nest - given unbelievable run around, including sending part that they knew wouldn't fix it.  Contacted again today (10-29) and given same run around.   Won't acknowledge problem or propose solution.  Blames me.  This is a common problem and not unique.  Save the hassle and buy another brand.  You can thank me later.  

Graffitiseries
Community Member

I tried the factory reset but still no luck.  My furnace will turn on, get to the temp it is set to then shuts off but the nest is still orange like its calling for heat.  The only way I can get it working again is turn off the heat then turn it back on.  This started the other day when it did the upgrade. The furnace is 3 years old and it was just serviced at the beginning of the season and has been running great till the other day, glade Google is playing dumb haha looks like we might have to switch.

I'm gonna get ecobee on this weekend. I can't afford to pay higher hydro bill