cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t add new thermostat to nest app

PTJ
Community Member

Can’t get the thermostat to add to my Nest app. I have one already in my home and adding a second one but won’t connect after several attempts. Please help. 

5 REPLIES 5

Revert
Community Member

Just here to +1 this - seems to be indemic issue - I had support send me a new device and still second one wont work. I can register the Thermostat with the App - but the heatlink won't connect. Have forced everything to 2.4G network and tried all the options (including forcing a new Home) to try to resolve with no solution

MarioM
Community Member

Having same exact issue.

Revert
Community Member

Folks above who have same issue (MarioM & PTJ) - are you using iPhone or Android ?

Revert
Community Member

OK - I solved it - Use an andriod device (I used a FireTablet with Google Play added on as it was all I had available) and then used device code and NOT scan QR) and it worked - consistently - FML 

MassCom
Community Member

Had the same issue and spent ton of time with Google support … here is the solution. In the app create a ‘new home’ then add the Nest thermostat to it. You will end up with two homes on the your app (first home will have other thermostats and second will have the one you just added), but it’s a small price to pay.