cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

E74 code

Caraque
Community Member

I am having trouble with the connectivity. My heat comes on for a few minutes then turns off and I see an error display of E74. I have checked the wires and have turned the fuse box on and off multiple times to figure out this situation. The error goes away after a few minutes and my boiler comes on for a few minutes at a time. This goes on until the temperature is reached, but it happens more often on the colder days. Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

KD59
Community Member

I am having the same problem. The thermostat has worked fine for 3 years, suddenly, on the coldest day (-6 degrees) I have no heat. My furnace has power but without the thermostat operational, it won't stay on.

City28205
Community Member

Having same issue any answers?

I'm having the same issue where the furnace comes on, and I have a forced air system, and after a few minutes it shuts off and what I believe what is happening is is the blower fan is not coming on and the furnace shuts off after a few minutes because of the safety feature because the blower is not cooling down the furnace it overheats and shuts down I haven't figured out why the fan The blower's not coming on though.  This is the first usage I've had for the furnace this season and the air conditioning system was working fine including the blower which was replaced this summer. I've changed the setting on the thermostat so that the blower comes on all the time but it doesn't come on at all. My system is a Carrier

The issue was not with the thermostat.

The blower fan was not blowing hard enough causing the furnace to get too hot shut down. Was a new unit