cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Energy history

Electricski
Community Member

My nest learning thermostat is not recording my energy history. If I expand it it will show usage but not an account of how much time it has run.help me solve this 

6 REPLIES 6

wildscott
Community Member

Same issue for me.

Screenshot_20220116-083327.png

kjobcolorado
Community Member

This has been an ongoing issue for months (e.g. august 2021).  My thermostat is online and connected, and I can control remotely from ios app, android app and even the nest web portal.  But the energy history is entirely missing for me from all locations above.  I get the following message (see screen capture):  Welcome to Energy History - come back tomorrow..."   It's seemingly not a network issue b/c I can control the device remotely.  Interestingly, the thermostat device itself can display usage history.  I just can't get at it online from the nest apps or the https://home.nest.com portal. Somebody over at google, please help us.  I am using an older thermostat model Diamond-1.12 running software v5.9.4-5 last updated 24SEP2019 and it is showing as the latest version for that model as of today (19JAN2022). It seems the usage history is no longer making it up to the servers.  

Screenshot_20220119-163650_Nest.jpg

I was able to fix this by deleting the thermostat from the website, then re-adding it.  The next day the usage history started to appear on the web and mobile interfaces again.   Note, I did not do a factory reset from the thermostat itself.  So all my settings were retained.  It really was just some sort of sync issue on the google/nest server side.  It's been reliably syncing the daily usage data online since.   I know this did not work for some others here, but did work for me.   I was able to control the thermostat remotely as well as see the history locally on the device before I deleted/re-added it.  So it was successfully online, just not reporting the usage stats.  I hope this helps somebody else.  Good luck.  

Wondering if nest is fixing this?

I have same issue with my E.

ndyA
Community Member

Has this corrected itself yet? Mines has just started the same thing got results for last Tuesday, none for the Wednesday then results for Thursday then none since. If you select the day you can see usage but just not the total for the day. Nest itself shows the data just not the app or browser.

BarryO
Community Member

Is energy history designed to record my run fan events - no heating or cooling, just fan.

thanks