cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Error Code : E45

Mbush
Community Member

What does error code E45 mean when using the app? 

6 REPLIES 6

Ashepherdson
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

E45 error message means that your Nest thermostat has wires that aren't fully inserted into the connectors or have tripped an internal fuse. You can try to unplug the wires and put them back in.  believe it or not wires can actually dislodge randomly , it's uncommon but it happens.  

I found a error in Flipaclip

Both of my thermostats are giving me e45 error messages. This can’t possibly be correct. A couple of days ago, it was saying that my drip pan was either full and not draining, or that I had a blockage in my drainage pipe. I confirmed that my drip pan was not the problem and I poured bleach water don’t the drain pipe and blew air through it to unclog whatever might’ve been there. Water is dripping out so neither of those seem to be the issue here. My thermostats both turned off by themselves after like a day and now I’m getting e45 messages on both of them. None of the wires are dislodged. I have no earthly idea what could be the problem now. Anyone able to help? 

I’m having the same problem. Have you found a solution yet?

CaptainJeff
Community Member

Speaking of error codes.....  I have a problem happening right now.  Installed Nest Learning on 1 April.  Ran heat through May, then AC and Heat into June until we went to straight AC for summer.  Multizone heating system (forced hot water) with two Nest E's on other zones.  Testing heating system from Nest Learning on 6 Oct.  Taco box just kept clicking.  Thermostat showing N72 error (no power to Rh).  It's not true.  You will see other posts about this across the web.  Call heating company for PM b/c I assumed the problem was with boiler.  First thing tech said when he arrived was "you have a Nest thermostat, correct?".  He performed the same troubleshoot you did (W to Rh wire - triggered heat).  Notified Google and then sent me new baseplate (arrived last night and installed - no fix.  Same exact issues).  Contacted them again this morning and just went through 2 hours of painful chat troubleshooting with totally useless reps (Madison and then Enzo).  If you get them, stop the chat, pull the Nest out of your house and get another brand.  I'm done with having a teenager in their basement ask me if my house is powered and calling it support/troubleshooting.  

CaptainJeff
Community Member

Speaking of error codes.....  I have a problem happening right now.  Installed Nest Learning on 1 April.  Ran heat through May, then AC and Heat into June until we went to straight AC for summer.  Multizone heating system (forced hot water) with two Nest E's on other zones.  Testing heating system from Nest Learning on 6 Oct.  Taco box just kept clicking.  Thermostat showing N72 error (no power to Rh).  It's not true.  You will see other posts about this across the web.  Call heating company for PM b/c I assumed the problem was with boiler.  First thing tech said when he arrived was "you have a Nest thermostat, correct?".  He performed the same troubleshoot you did (W to Rh wire - triggered heat).  Notified Google and then sent me new baseplate (arrived last night and installed - no fix.  Same exact issues).  Contacted them again this morning and just went through 2 hours of painful chat troubleshooting with totally useless reps (Madison and then Enzo).  If you get them, stop the chat, pull the Nest out of your house and get another brand.  I'm done with having a teenager in their basement ask me if my house is powered and calling it support/troubleshooting.  

0 Kudos