cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

H72 error in app, Thermostat and heathlink working

Nard24
Community Member

Hi all,

I have the same issue as described here: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/Nest-H72-error-message/m-p/546568?sjid=60776...

H72 error in both the app and the webversion of the nest. However the wall thermostat is working and the heatlink seems to be working as well. 

Was there any solution for this?

1 Recommended Answer

OK understood.

I would go down this direction if you have not done so allready.You have to start somewhere.

First check on the display if the app shows connected. Settings - App, should show connected.

Now go to the app, Remove thermostat from the app, and then fully delete the app from all devices you have connected. You should now have a clean account with no thermostat linked.

Restart the thermostat by pressing against the wall and keep pressed until the little house comes on then release. Now check in the display to see if the app is now clear and not connected.

Should that be clear, I would reload the app onto one device only, and pair with the thermostat. Should that work, job done. You will not have lost anything as the app isn't working at present. Worth a try.

Should it not, then the only other suggestion would be a factory reset which means you will have to start from fresh.

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

What exactly is your issue? Forget about  the app at present, start with the display.

Do you have H72 on the Display, and the Heat Link has lights?

Which lights are on the Heat Link, ie Colour?

What happened for you to get the H72 code, have you removed the display, lost power etec., etc?

The issue is the H72 error in the app. 
The thermostat gives no error, the heathlink light is green. 

The power has been off for 2 days and after that everything worked again, except for the app which keeps giving the H72 error.

OK understood.

I would go down this direction if you have not done so allready.You have to start somewhere.

First check on the display if the app shows connected. Settings - App, should show connected.

Now go to the app, Remove thermostat from the app, and then fully delete the app from all devices you have connected. You should now have a clean account with no thermostat linked.

Restart the thermostat by pressing against the wall and keep pressed until the little house comes on then release. Now check in the display to see if the app is now clear and not connected.

Should that be clear, I would reload the app onto one device only, and pair with the thermostat. Should that work, job done. You will not have lost anything as the app isn't working at present. Worth a try.

Should it not, then the only other suggestion would be a factory reset which means you will have to start from fresh.

Hi,

Thanks for you steps. It worked! The only thing I did extra was reboot the Router to ensure the wifi was not the issue. 

Thanks for the quick response. 

👍Glad to hear your up and running