cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home/Away Assist Problems

junalmeida
Community Member

The home/away assist is not working as expected. It often thinks I'm away when I am home, and turns it to Eco mode. Today I am not home, and it thinks it is, heating the house for no one. 

Everything seems to be set correctly, and yet the support team suggestion is to "buy another phone". 

4 REPLIES 4

JohnV
Community Member

I am having the same issue. It is a pretty crappy app that only works some of the time. This is absolutely the worst performing application I have ever used. I have also double checked all settings, reinstalled app, logged out / logged in and no change in behavior. I leave the house and get far enough away that it should go into away mode. Sometimes when I look at the app, it is fine and in away mode, other times when I open the app, THEN it decides to go into away mode. I have location settings set to always on my iPhone. Yesterday, I left and went for a walk at least 1/2 mile away from home and it never went into away mode.

This is really frustrating as I have to remember to check the app when I am gone to make sure it actually went into away mode. What good is having a "location aware" app if it only works 'some of the time"???

And no, I do not need another phone, I have other "location aware" apps that are working just fine and very reliably.

junalmeida
Community Member

It is interesting to see that you use an iPhone, and I use an Android, so it could really be a widespread issue. Unfortunately support guys refuse to see they have a problem, and leave their customers frustrated. If only I could do the same for my customers, I would earn money easy, right? 

JohnV
Community Member

Totally agree. I develop software to do systems integration for a number of clients - not that hard to monitor to see what is going on and provide a fix... 🙂 

LifeonMars
Community Member

Having a similar problem recently in the UK. iPhone Home/away not always switching when away. I have reset everything and some days when i am out, I check the settings and find that no events are shown and the Thermostat has not switched to away., even though I have been a long way a way from home.  This is only happening recently, prior I had no problems with the same phone.