cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to make my current HVAC wiring working with Google Thermostats

amrasfelagund
Community Member

891697481925_.pic.jpg

901697482102_.pic.jpg

  Using the app setting up and it says c not getting power, wondering if there is a way to make this working so I don't have to return 

4 REPLIES 4

amrasfelagund
Community Member

My wiring got RH, RC, W, G and Y , 5 wires coming from the wall

@amrasfelagund 

Your current thermostat doesn't have a C wire installed.

If an extra wire is hidden, you can use it to create a C wire by connecting it to the C terminal at both ends.

If there isn't an extra wire, you can use the Nest Power Connector to create the needed connection. You will need an external 24vac transformer if the isn't a C terminal on the control board in the furnace/air handler.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza

amrasfelagund
Community Member

@Patrick_Caezza thanks for the reply, yeah after digging up some youtube video I found the same conclusion. I would try that Power connector to see if that would help solve my current problem. I currently put the blue wire( y) into the C and I could use the thermostats now, but seems like I could not control the AC cooling since Y is used for the cooling.  Will check the control board of the furnance to see what the configs are

@amrasfelagund 

Don't go by the color of the wires, as there is no standard. You have to go by the labels and check the wiring in the furnace/air handler when in doubt.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza