cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Incorrect Entry Key

annematyjasik
Community Member

I had the Nest Thermostat installed in my home in FL.  I also have one in my home in PA.  My phone is not allowing me to access my account but was able to do so on my laptop.  The installer sent me a photo he took of the entry key which I typed in when it asked me for it but it keeps telling me it is incorrect!! 

Spoiler
Spoiler

5 REPLIES 5

davidoliver
Community Member

If you are getting an "Incorrect Entry Key" error, it means that the key or password you entered is not correct. Here are some steps you can take to resolve the issue:

1. Double-check the key or password: Make sure you have entered the correct key or password. Check for typos or misspellings.

2. Check for case sensitivity: Some keys or passwords are case-sensitive, so make sure you are entering them correctly.

3. Reset the key or password: If you have forgotten the correct key or password, try resetting it. Follow the instructions provided by the service or device to reset the key or password.

4. Contact customer support: If you are still unable to access the service or device, contact customer support for assistance. They may be able to provide you with a new key or password or help you troubleshoot the issue.

Overall, the best course of action for an "Incorrect Entry Key" error is to double-check the key or password, check for case sensitivity, reset the key or password if necessary, and contact customer support for assistance if you are still unable to access the service or device.

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@annematyjasik 

Are you trying to set the thermostat up remotely?

The phone you are using to set up the thermostat must be on the same Wifi network as the device, and it also must be in Bluetooth range.

The best thing to do is give the installer temporary access to your account so they can set it up. (make a temporary password and then change it once done). Once they have it configured, you can access it via the app.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza

Hello folks,

I wanted to ensure that everything was covered here.

Thanks for your input, @davidoliver and @Patrick_Caezza.

@annematyjasik, you can take what was suggested by Patrick_Caezza as temporary, so you have the ability to access your thermostat remotely once it is successfully set up. Also, if you have any home members, you can ask to add your Nest Thermostat to the app; it would be better for your account privacy as well.

Feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

Regards,
Mark

Hi annematyjasik,

I wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello annematyjasik,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we close this thread in 24 hours. 

Regards,

Mark