cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is my system compatible?

Adi147
Community Member

Attaching a picture requesting compatibility check.Currently using Emerson with this setupCurrently using Emerson with this setup

6 REPLIES 6

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Hello Adi147,

Google has a really easy to use thermostat compatibly checker. Here is the link to it:

https://store.google.com/us/widget/compatibility/thermostat

Looking at the picture you posted, I can see you that you have a conventional HVAC system. Your system has a red wire bringing power to the thermostat and is connected to R (Power IN). A yellow wire connected to Y controls the cooling mode. The Green wire is connected to G and controls the Blower Fan (Auto/ON). There is a white wire on W and this controls the Heating mode. I also see a blue wire that is not connected to anything this wire might be able to be used to connect to a Power Common. At this point I can see no reason your system will not to work with a Nest thermostat. I hope this information helps you. If you found the information I provided helpful, please grant me a 👍“kudo”. Also, if my answer satisfied your question, please select “recommend answer”. Thank you.

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Adi147
Community Member

Thanks Ken! I did try that and it requested me to post here since I have 2 zones with 2 HVAC systems. Here is my second system picture which has identical wiring except for the Red going in to RC instead of RH for the other one. Should I be able to just put in Nest in both?

IMG_4154.jpg

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Each HVAC system is controlled by an individual thermostat. So each has to be replaced with a new Nest thermostat. The good news about the Nest App is it can support up to 10 thermostats at the same time. On the Nest thermostat the Power-IN is connected to R or Rc for connivence.

Ken

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hey folks,

We appreciate your help here, @CoolingWizard.
@Adi147, I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mel

Hey there,

Checking back in should you still have some questions here. Let us know by replying to this thread.

Best,
Mel

Hi everyone,

Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.

Thanks,
Mel