cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

NEST -we get no HEAT only 5 months old cannot do the wiring help

suskgo
Community Member

We lease a condo , they installed NEST. It worked fine in the Summertime with the Air Condition. it was on off for

most of the last few months did not need to use. All of a sudden it turned cold @ night. We changed it to 'Heat'. Put it on 78 , it stated ' 1 1/2 hours until it would reach 78. It was super cold the last few nights so turned it up to 80 ' 2 hours to heat. We went out for several hours hoping it would be warm upon return- Nope still showed 80 but states ' 1 hour 45 minutes until it gets hot. We bought a portable heater!!!!

Spoke to a Google CS in the Phillipines who walked me thru a bunch of things, said I would need to change the

wiring-no can do. This is ridiculous, really disapointed as this is only 5 months old !!! Google should offer free

repair service. We are not technical enough to start pulling apart wires and taking it all apart to repair !!!

8 REPLIES 8

DJ1166
Community Member

Okay. This may seem like a silly response. Im going to ask the obvious. Are you certain the furnace is actually turned on?  I only ask because many times the furnace has a dedicated “power switch”. It would look like an actual light switch either on the trunk of the furnace or somewhere close by the furnace itself. Hoping this is the only issue you have! Stay warm!

suskgo
Community Member

Not silly, except we live in a large condo complex and I have no idea where the furnace would be. WIll check tomorrow if anyone knows tho- thnx

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Suskgo, 

When you say “they” installed it, then you need to contact the installer and get them back to correct what they did wrong.  The Nest thermostat is designed to be customer installed and setup. If you have the DIY skills to install and light fixture, you most likely have the skills to deal with this or wait until the installing company comes and corrects their mistake. 
Now most condominiums use a heat pump system while some use conventional AC cooling and a gas furnace.  What type of heating system does your condominium have?

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Yes will contact that person. Thank you!

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If can, go to,the thermostat and go into Menu, then rotate to the ring to Me u, select it, then rotate the ring u til it reaches Equipment and select.  What type of equipment is listed?

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard 

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hi folks,

I wanted to stop by and see how I could help.

Thanks for the assistance, Ken.

@suskgo, I'm checking in. Were you able to do the steps shared by Ken? I'd be glad to hear from you. Also, I did find a helpful article with some troubleshooting steps when heat or cooling is not working.

Please let us know if that helps or if the issue still persists.

Best regards,

Mark

Hey there,

Checking back in should you still have some questions here. Let us know by replying to this thread. 

Best, 
Mel

Hi everyone,

Just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.

Thanks,
Mel