11-16-2022 05:42 AM
Hello! The Nest E is properly physically installed...it's a 2-wire system (propane boiler- heat only), the wires are clean and inserted properly, the battery has been fully charged via USB. The thermostat has been mounted on the wall. Now I'm ready to continue the installation and set up the app...but....I can't proceed. The display shows the house icon, sometimes it flashes green and then flashes orange, then the thermostat reboots and keeps doing this over and over. It seems to be stuck. Therefore, I haven't proceeded far enough along to add the thermostat in the app. I've repeated the steps mentioned above 4 or 5 times and always get the same result and the battery has been fully charged each time. When the battery is charging via USB, the house icon stays on the screen along with a flashing green light. I've tried the shut-down and restart steps mentioned in the forum, but this didn't help. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.
11-19-2022 01:04 PM
I'm sorry for the trouble this may have caused you — let's see what's going on.
It appears that your system may not provide enough power or any power to either the thermostat or a specific wire (so the thermostat can’t complete a circuit and won't hold the charge).
Please let me know if that helps, or if the issue still persists.
11-20-2022 07:05 AM
Hi Mark! Thank you for your reply. Before I answer your questions, I should mention that this is a used thermostat that is "supposed" to be working. I was unable to get through the installation process so I cannot tell if it is dead or not. We will call this Nest-1.
Yesterday, I was able to locate and buy a brand new, sealed in the box, Nest E which we will call Nest-2. It installed perfectly!! Now, answers follow to your questions re Nest-1:
1. it's a 2-wire system. White is attached to W and black is attached to R.
2. when charging, there are no messages. The display shows the house icon only.
3. breakers and power are on.
4 display is seated properly.
5. wires are firmly seated.
6. when connected to my computer, I get the Microsoft "ding-ding" sound...same as when a USB drive is inserted. But, I cannot see the drive in Windows Explorer. 30 seconds later, I get the "ding-ding" sound again and it just keeps repeating in a loop. When connected to the pc, it shows up in "Bluetooth and other devices" as a Learning Thermostat, but I cannot access the device.
7. I do not have a C wire. I chose the Nest E as I understood that there would be a good chance that it would work without a C wire.
8. I reattached the display but all I get is the house icon. When I charged Nest-2 via usb, it told me to attach the display to the unit, but Nest-1 never gives any directions. I've tried restating and resetting Nest-1 with no luck in getting it to work. Nest-1 just seems to be stuck. If it was a regular USB thumb drive, I'd say it needs to be formatted and have a new OS applied but that doesn't seem to be an option.
11-22-2022 06:17 AM
Thanks for letting me know, and I appreciate that you've tried finding a fix. Let's find out more about what happened.
Please fill out this form so we can take a look into this for you and let us know once you're done.
11-22-2022 06:24 AM
The form has been submitted. Thanks.
11-22-2022 08:01 AM
We got your form — thanks for filling it out. Our team will reach out to you via email anytime soon. Also, please continue the conversation there as this thread will be locked after 24 hours.
11-22-2022 08:51 AM
OK thank you.
11-22-2022 09:05 AM
No worries! Thank you for your patience with us. Your issue has been escalated to our upper support team. Be on the lookout for an email from us in your inbox soon, as we'll close this thread in 24 hours.