cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Gen 3 learning thermostat. Connected, Remote control unavailable.

Bookbender
Community Member

After nine months working perfectly, my Nest Gen 3 thermostat stopped responding to the Nest App and Alexa. It randomly disconnects from wifi. I substituted three different EERO routers with same result. Eventually Google sent a replacement thermostat and the same things happens. Sometimes when I check it it says offline, but when I go to Network/Tech Info, it shows online. Nest Weave shows Connected/Remote Control Unavailable. Went through hours of troubleshooting with EERO tech and Google Nest tech, eventually replacing thermostat with same result. FWIW, my internet provider sold about the same time but using same modem, no changes, and everything else works as before. Any suggestions? Am about ready to chuck Nest in the creek and buy something else. With appropriate comment on Nest product wherever possible, of course.

2 REPLIES 2

ryanmac72
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same exact issue as you are having.  I have replaced the old thermostat with a new one and same issues.  Did you ever get a resolution?

Bookbender
Community Member

No. On top of that, the battery died so it doesn’t work at all now but it’s at my summer home in North Carolina and I winter in Florida so it will have to wait until I get back. I intend to replace it with anything other than a Nest. Google ruined the entire Nest experience. Thermostats fail, and customer service is a thing of the past. Plus now one must not sign up for a Google Home account for it to work. They’ve probably figured out a way to monetize the personal info they glean from that. For themselves of course.