cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Thermostat Compatibility Check for Central HVAC

Mddominguez
Community Member

Hi, I’d like to check if my thermostat/AC is compatible with the Nest learning thermostat. I read the HVAC cannot be 110V or 120V, but my thermostat doesn’t have any labels, but the switch box says 120v/240v.

Attached a few pictures, thanks in advance for the help.
IMG_6866_Original.jpegIMG_6867_Original.jpegIMG_6868_Original.jpeg

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Looking at the thermostat wires, it should be compatible with all models of Nest Thermostat. It's worth noting that Nest Thermostats are designed to work without a common ("C") wire. During installation, a small number of customers find that the thermostat does not receive sufficient power from their system. To solve that, the Nest Power Connector or a C wire may be necessary. More information at g.co/nest/cwire.

Nest thermostat compatibility - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Looking at the thermostat wires, it should be compatible with all models of Nest Thermostat. It's worth noting that Nest Thermostats are designed to work without a common ("C") wire. During installation, a small number of customers find that the thermostat does not receive sufficient power from their system. To solve that, the Nest Power Connector or a C wire may be necessary. More information at g.co/nest/cwire.

Nest thermostat compatibility - Google Nest Help