cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat Heatlink connection keeps failing

bellbrie
Community Member

Note: this is a continuation of the following thread that has been locked:  https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Nest-Thermostats/Nest-Thermostat-5GHz-WiFi-Issues/m-p/310294#...

My thermostat is back to the same old tricks - disconnecting from the heatlink at random times, occasionally reconnecting but often failing this too, requiring manual intervention.

As posted on the thread above, I ad moved the thermostat much closer over the Xmas period and this seemed to help - only had one or two drop outs during this time.  It is now back in it's original position about 8m from the heatlink and had started dropping out much more frequently.  This is all after having well over 12 months of solid connectivity from this same location.

I am now thinking that there must be a hardware fault and that either the thermostat or the heatlink is failing in some manner.  Any suggestions on what I can do to see which it is?

Also, what is the warranty on these things - this setup was bought in April 2021.

Thanks,

b.

1 REPLY 1

Andylift
Community Member

I've had the same issues, installed our Nest thermostat and heatlink in December 2021. It all worked without issues until January this year with constant connection issues between the thermostat and heatlink. It has been starting to get really annoying as most of the support articles refer to the thermostat dropping off the wifi connection and not between the heatlink and thermostat itself. We have no new items using wifi in the house nor new items between the heatlink and thermostat (the thermostat was downstairs and heatlink on the hallway wall upstairs) so why this has started happening after 12 months is a mystery? I have since had to move the thermostat upstairs near to the heatlink to stop the problem but having to do this kinda defeats the object of having a wireless thermostat?!