cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat No lock option

Jeremyrschrader
Community Member

Is it true that the basic nest thermostat does not allow for a pin to lock it? My 5 year old ecobee offered this at a base function?? 

What is the business case to restrict such a basic option? I’m willing to bet this causes way more confusion than benefit.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The newish Google Nest Thermostat is marketed as a bare-bones model with a reasonable price.

Not including the Pin locking feature is just one of several that were not included to keep the price down.

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza

Jeremyrschrader
Community Member

I really struggle that this is the critical feature that tips the scale from $120 to $195. It’s probably 5 lines of code, and requires no special hardware. Feels much more like a ploy to take a basic feature they most users would use and hold it hostage to a higher price point. Shame on google

Hi folks,

@Patrick_Caezza, thanks for the help!

@Jeremyrschrader, We hear you. Our team is working hard to deliver the best experience for our users — we'll take this as feedback. Keep your eye on the Google Nest Community page for any updates. Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Check out this link on how to file feedback.

Thanks,

Edward