cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat is stuck at 77 and when I set it at 75, it says 2 hours to reach that temperature

Nandhinidj
Community Member

Got new carrier A/c for both upstairs and downstairs. Along with Neat thermostat about a year back. The thermostat had a mind of it own and get to get help figuring out in the beginning but after a year my downstairs stays so hot and when I check the thermostat it shows 77 as internal temperature and if I set it at 75, it says +2 hours and after 2 hours nothing changes. Very frustrating 

1 REPLY 1

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@Nandhinidj ,

Over the last year your Nest Learning Thermostat has been learning how well your HVAC works.  It compares the outdoor theme, the indoor temperature, the indoor humidity level, the outdoor humidity level each every time the system was activated.  If the system begins operating outside of the learned performance, it will report a need for a service call.  Since it has not done that, yet, we have to assume your system is not currently capable of cooling your downstairs area.  Having said this, you can check a couple of things. 1) Is your filter clean or does it needs to be replaced. 2) is the outdoor unit free from any vegetation or other items that might block or impede the airflow. 

AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.