cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat not heating

BeMo-CA
Community Member

Hello- I have a new Nest thermostat but it is not heating. I can activate the fan from my app but not the heat. The dial is orange and thinks it is heating but it is not. I’m new to this technology. Please help. Thank you. 

9 REPLIES 9

Brotherb420
Community Member

I just installed one in the last 2 weeks myself and am having the same issues. Unfortunately it seems we picked a bad time to install one. After looking through the forums on hear tons of people new installers and even ones who have had theirs for a couple years with no problem are all having issues with them. And it seems to all revolve around a firmware (software) update that happened around a month ago. I'm considering going out and purchasing a cheap normal thermostat till I hear that they get this issue taken care of or possibly getting one from one of their competitors

Thank you for your reply.  After 4 visits from our HVAC repair person the Nest is finally working.  I think it was indeed related to the software.  I also have an old fashioned thermostat on stand by in the event this happens again.  

Do you know what they or you did to it to get it working? Mine unfortunately is still not

Unfortunately I do know what he did to get it working- sorry I don’t have more information. 

having same problem!! 2 other non nest thermostats attached to same furnace work fine. Just the nest unit

OldMustang56
Community Member

I'm in the same boat, unfortunately I threw away the old thermostat.  Very disappointed with Nest, which I had never switched.  Why are they not responding to this chain of complaints with very clear instructions how to fix this???

Having the same issue. This morning woke up and it was freezing. Just blowing room temp/cold air. Anyway to resolve this? There is no software update available on the nest. 

Unfortunately wasn't able to get anything figured out and was getting too cold to not have a working furnace so I just ended up going out and purchasing a cheap regular thermostat so we'd have heat.

I don't know. All I do know is any of the other posts where they did try and help I've tried everything that was suggested. And I've never tried calling customer service myself, I just don't have the patience to deal with it. Especially the way a lot of people on here have said they were talked to by customer service. Now I can't confirm that.