cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Thermostat not updating from 5.9.5-2

JohnA2
Community Member

Hello,

I have a 3rd Gen Nest Thermostat in my home in the UK which is currently on firmware 5.9.5-2 and it will not update. When I try a manual update it says that it is already up to date. I see on the Google page about firmware that the latest is 6.2-27 and my firmware version is not even on the list. Can anyone tell me how to get my Nest updated?

I have tried a manual update, a restart, deleting and re-adding the thermostat in Google Home and the Nest app, and a full factory reset. None have made any difference.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

You are on the latest UK firmware 5.9.5-2, Google are not interested in us UK users. All the references you are looking at are USA versions, hence 5.9.5-2  not being on the list. Sounds like you have wasted a lot of time, updating, resetting etc., etc. ...............if only Google would make life easy for us for a simple firmware reference page. Now there's a thought!

However if you want the 6.2-27 firmware, best option is a move to good old USA!!!!

Sorry to dissapoint you after all your efforts.

Hi All, I'm having the same issue. Are you suggesting to factory reset and setup with USA as the region ? Would this resolve the issue ? Thanks

Pearsnet
Community Member

I have 2 nest thermostats both on 5.9.5-2 have we been forgotten about over here?

For goodness sake, the latest UK version is 5.9.5-2

There is no later version!

Ok. How did you manage to find that out?