Something inside one of my nest thermostats started overheating causing the device to read the wrong indoor temperature. I tried rebooting it and changing the batteries but nothing helps. When I unplug it from the wall it cools off and begins to read the correct indoor temperature. However, when I plug it back into the wall, it begins to heat up again. Is there a fix for this, or is this a defective unit?
@Boris1 and @Oniichanaino just one quick final check in here since activity has slowed down. We'll be locking the thread in the next 24 hours, but if you still need help, I would be happy to keep it open. If there's more we can do, just let me know.
I appreciate the help, Jeran.