cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat 'Almost' working...

wildc4rd
Community Member

Bit of a strange issue, that first showed up when a new router was introduced.. New router has been set as the same network name, security type and password as the old one. 

Essentially Everything on the nest is working, except the heating. From the phone and the thermostat I can boost the hot water (System boiler), so the Heat Link is connected. From the phone I can adjust the temperature of the heating and it shows as changed on the thermostat, but it just doesn't call the boiler. 

I'm lost as to how some aspects can work (the hot water boost), but others don't (like the heating boost...)

Thanks in advance

Nick

3 REPLIES 3

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

Does the boiler come on when manually turned to call for heat by the display?

You could try a restart, just in case one of the Nest gremlins has caused an issue!

wildc4rd
Community Member

Hi There, no it doesn't come on when manually turned (or when turned via the phone). The heating still works via the schedule, and as I said boosting the hot water via the thermostat or via the phone works. 

Just tried a restart to no avail, is it worth resetting?

The schedule should work, as that is locked into the memory for power cuts etc.

Are you saying the display is not moving, or you can rotate the dial and the numbers change, but the heat will not come on?

I would normally say the relay is faulty, but if the system works via the schedule, that could rule that idea out.

Yes, you could try a full factory reset, as that does sort a lot of issues out.