cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat WiFi connection error nest.com/w5

LilyMama
Community Member

Hi. I reported a WiFi connection error regarding my 3 month old nest learning thermostat on 17 Feb, 2024. 
Cases Id 9-4215000035888

RMA# RMA14143343
I was advised to pay £139 for a replacement device as the one I had could not be fixed. I paid the £139 and was eventually sent an incorrect replacement. I was sent a wall mounted learning thermostat without the back/wall plate, so could not use the device. I spoke to the customer hotline and they asked me to send photos of both devices including their serial numbers, which I did. 
I was asked to return the incorrectly sent device and was informed that the correct replacement would be sent once the incorrect one had been received. 
I waited 2 weeks and heard nothing and didn’t receive the correct replacement. 
One of the customer service team contacted me on 16 March and asked if my case had been resolved as the case had been closed. 
The number in the subject was 

4-6546000036302

I replied to request that my case be reopened and for someone to send me the correct replacement as soon as possible. 
I’ve still not had a reply and I cannot contact anyone to explain as I receive a message stating that I have a case which is “In Progress” so won’t allow me to call or contact anyone. 
I'm extremely disappointed with the lack of service and assistance and not being able to contact anyone to follow up and assist. 
I have a faulty nest learning thermostat which I’m not able to use remotely via the app, which is why we purchased it in the first place. So far, it seems that I would have been better off getting an old fashioned thermostat which would have been more reliable and cheaper!
Has anyone else experienced the same thing happen and what did you do to resolve/get a replacement?

2 REPLIES 2

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

I assume by you quoting £139, you are from the UK?

Why on earth are you getting in touch with Google when your thermostat is just 3 months old?

Just tell the installer to get it fixed, or if you purchased the thermostat, return it back to the retailer. 

Finally managed to get it sorted. Thanks