cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat sensor offline

savasral
Community Member

Purchased the 3rd gen thermostat and sensor - installation went well. But after a few days now I see the sensor is showing offline on the app. Tried changing battery but cannot get it back online or connect it back. Even tried removing the sensor and tried adding as a new unit but nothing seems to be working

3 REPLIES 3

Raffi30
Community Member

This is the second time the same exact thing has happened to me. The only thing that worked for me was a factory reset. This is extremely frustrating because it wipes everything including all the "learning" it did. Why can't it learn to play nice with the remote sensor?

Asklepius
Community Member

I am having the same problem I don't want to do a factory reset because of the frustration over the extreme inconvenience mentioned above... I am getting really frustrated with the Google experience as of late and can't help but wonder if I would have a better experience outside the Google ecosystem...

The lack of solid support with Next is really making me wonder if I might be better off with Ecobee's, or Wyze products...

Agree - I was asked to follow the same troubleshooting instructions multiple times with the expectation that the outcome would be different. And was in communication with the support team for almost over a month. Google support unfortunately isnt customer friendly. They finally realized this guy isnt going anywhere and persistence paid off - got a replacement for the unit