cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest thermostat showing offline in google home app

Jimaz
Community Member

Nest thermostat shows as offline in google home app. ISP says they can see it connected to Wi-Fi.

Did an online chat with google and they ended up saying to contact them when I was near the thermostat. Since I’m in Az and the thermostat is in Mn that sort of defeats the whole purpose of this thermostat. Any ideas for remote help would be appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

To fix most issues, you need to physically be with the thermostat unfortunately. There's virtually no way to troubleshoot connectivity issues especially remotely.

https://widgets.nest.com/nest-thermostat-troubleshooter/

Jimaz
Community Member

I wonder if a different brand might be more reliable for maintaining a connection and offer a more reliable app since the whole point of getting a smart thermostat was for remote monitoring. 

incady
Community Member

Google home shows my Nest 3rd gen thermostat is offline, but the thermostat is online, and I can control it with the Nest app. This is an issue on Google's side. Google support is asking me to create a new home, and add the thermostat and one of my Google speakers to it. I read that you need to factory reset the thermostat to do this, so I'm holding off. I'll probably try creating a new home.