cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Nest Thermostat, Fan Not Blowing During Heating

DanJR
Community Member

I have just installed a Nest Thermostat with, what I will call, traditional wiring (W,G,R,C,Y).  It seems to turn on the heat properly, and I am able to run fan independently.  However, the fan does not seem to come on when the heat kicks on.  There is no jumper (which some documentation refers to).

1 Recommended Answer

Hello DanJR,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we lock this thread in 24 hours. 

Regards,

Mark

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

The control of the furnace and heating mode is left to the integrated furnace control board. The way the system works is when the heat first comes on, there is a delay before the blower comes on. This is to allow the heat exchanger to build up some heat before turning on the blower to minimize the amount of cold air that comes out of the ducts before the heat arrives.  Since, as you say, you can turn the blower on manually, we know the blower is OK. Unless the IFC is bad, turn your heat on and wait after about two minutes, the blower should come on. is not running, very efficiently, it may take longer for it to heat up.

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hello folks,

I wanted to ensure that everything was covered here.

Thanks for the explanation, @CoolingWizard.

@DanJR, I hope you've got the answer you're looking for. If you're still in need of assistance, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Mark

Hi DanJR,

I'm checking back in — how's it going? I found an article to learn more about fan control with a Nest Thermostat. Please let us know if you still need our help.

Thanks,
Mark

Hello DanJR,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we lock this thread in 24 hours. 

Regards,

Mark