cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

O circuit wont energize when going from heating to cooling on 3 yr old thermostat

Jonm
Community Member

O circuit won’t energize when going from heating to cooling on a 3 year old thermostat.

1 REPLY 1

MichaelHFarren
Community Member

I had my nest for about 2 years. 3 gen, etc. After 1 year, the nest backplate broke completely. Furnace and Heat Pump would not work at all. I called Nest, they shipped out a new backplate. About 6 months later, attempting to run my AC, the NEST WILL NOT Cool at all!! It starts my heat pump, but only runs heat! I called Nest support, NO HELP! They told me, sorry you can buy a new one, but there is no way i would ever buy another nest. I hooked up a Honeywell thermostat, and everything works perfectly fine! The wiring is the EXACT SAME as it always was. THe google nest un-helpful rep just kept telling me to switch around wires. I had pleaded with them, to help me! I hooked up an old thermostat and everything worked perfectly fine! I have now had to take my useless nest off completely, and swap for a smart honeywell thermostat. Google Nest does not back their products, and leaves consumers out in the dark.