cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Reconnect Nest 2020 Thermostat to New Router

mrelmo
Community Member

I had a new router installed, So now I do not have a connection to the wifi as there is a new network. I know a few of the steps to reconnect but not all. I have removed the device on the Home app (android) and clicked on add new device, thermostst, but then can not find how to search for a network. Is there another step I am missing? I have searched but cannot find step by step to reconnect to new network.

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Normally, you would tap your thermostat in the app > Settings > Device information > Wi-Fi and follow the steps to change the Wi-Fi network. You don't need to remove the thermostat from the app, so I suspect that's not helped here and you may now need to factory reset it and set it up again.

Restart or reset a Nest thermostat - Google Nest Help
Get started with your Nest Thermostat - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Normally, you would tap your thermostat in the app > Settings > Device information > Wi-Fi and follow the steps to change the Wi-Fi network. You don't need to remove the thermostat from the app, so I suspect that's not helped here and you may now need to factory reset it and set it up again.

Restart or reset a Nest thermostat - Google Nest Help
Get started with your Nest Thermostat - Google Nest Help

mrelmo
Community Member

thank you

mrelmo
Community Member

David I have another nest thermostat at another location that I have had internet service stopped. In another month I will start service again with a new router modem.  I will follow your directions on that one without removing it from the app thank you

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

No worries!