cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seasonal Savings

Vida_D
Community Member

SEASONAL SAVINGS is a unwanted program I cannot opt out of. I don't want to be One Degree hotter in the summer, and One Degree colder in the winter. I work from home. I am here all the time. I can afford my current utility bills. I don't want google to "lower" my bills. This program is horrible. 

4 REPLIES 4

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @Vida_D 

I didn't opt into Seasonal Savings so I don't have first hand experience but see this help page from Nest: Learn about Seasonal Savings - iPhone & iPad - Google Nest Help 

You should be able to stop it in the History setting from the Nest app.

Jill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same. This program is terrible. I don’t remember opting in but there is nothing in my history I can disable for seasonal savings. Last activity I saw for it was in June but that’s it. My house is at 86 degrees and it’s 94 outside and I have it at 76 and the temperature won’t drop. It’s like the AC doesn’t even work anymore. I’m not enrolled in some ‘rush hour rewards’ from my energy company to receive a whopping $25 check.

Totally agree 👍 

Hate seasonal settings and the instructions for turning it off don't work. 

There is NO number of days left indication in the history!

Going to see if there is a factory reset option. 

About ready to put my manual thermostat back in. 😥

Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what I had to do that same day I made this post. I switched to my old thermostat and put the nest in the closet. My thought (or hope) is

maybe they will finally address this and put out an update and I can use it again. I have a split system and in the winter I like the ability to manage the heat better.