cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Software glitches

howardandmoo
Community Member

Hi 

I have tried to sort the no connect to wifi issue but the unit has developed incapability to connect or see any wifi broadband at all. This was after a software upgrade from the manufacturer. The manufacturer refuses to repair, replace or exchange. What can I do without being forced to take legal action? 

7 REPLIES 7

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I'm assuming you've already tried these steps?

Nest thermostat is offline - Google Nest Help

You mentioned it doesn't show any Wi-Fi networks at all? I'd suggest checking you're not experiencing the W5 error: 

Troubleshoot a Nest thermostat w5 code - Google Nest Help

Strangly my Google account seems to have been stopped. Strange coincidence. 

That w5 error was discussed but they couldn't get any connection. Tried everything listed and live. Difficult as have been told contradictory things. They seem certain the main unit needed returning

howardandmoo
Community Member

The customer service department asked for details from the device. I had to drive 120miles taking eight hours to get this and they now are not even replying. 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Appreciate the frustration. If you're in correspondence with the support team, best to continue the conversation with them as they have access to tools and can advise on next steps for you.

I don't work for Google.

howardandmoo
Community Member

I have tried but havent had any response for days despite emailing photos of serial number as requested. 

Seems they don't want to help 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

I can assure you that's not the case. Hopefully you've seen this note when contacting support:

We are experiencing extremely high contact volume right now and estimated wait times will be higher than normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide support as quickly as possible.

howardandmoo
Community Member

Indeed I did but where they were replying without hours they haven't this week, since Friday last week. 

Will start again with new email and maybe have to try calling but that can be very hard work and not got me anywhere before.