cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat stuck showing a download icon

JonWard
Community Member

Thermostat stuck showing a download arrow above a home icon. Tried reset and the same . Left it for 1 hour still the same .

After almost 3 hours in total with support and after many restarts and resets, it was agreed that the thermostat was definitely faulty. I have already set up a retained PayPal payment for £199 and it was agreed that I can receive the thermostat kit first then send back the faulty thermostat. It was also agreed that I do not have to send back the Thermo link device - I was initially shocked that Google Support suggest I wire and un-wire it from the mains 240v electricity supply myself! Unfortunately, the replacement device did not arrive and an hour ago a Google support technician advised that it had been sent to the wrong address. A new kit has ordered for me, and again I have authorized a PayPal payment of £199. literally 15 minutes ago, another Google support technician called and advised that actually they did try and deliver to the right address, and now, I would also need to send back the thermo link device aswell else I will be charged. Are Google still insisting that I myself, not a qualified electrician should be messing around with mains electric? Can this be escalated to a manager? I really regret now investing in the technology.

0 REPLIES 0