cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Thermostat wiring system missing Y1 wire

Diyer84
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to replace our thermostat with a Nest one. Our original wiring includes a Y2, G, W, and R with a jumper to Rc. From what I understand, the Nest will not work without a Y1. Can the Y2 simply be connected to the Y1 terminal? Also, what should be done with the jumper to the Rc terminal?

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

CoolingWizard
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

It appears that somebody used a smart thermostat and redefined the functions.  but here’s what you can do. You can put the wire that’s on Y2 on Y1. This is the cooling wire.  You can ignore the Rc Rh jumper and on the nest put the wire into or RC on the nest. When you run the software configurator when installing your nest to make sure you defined the wires as RC, Y1, G, and W1?

Ken, The AC Cooling Wizard

NestPro, Google Pro, Mechanical Engineer and HVAC service company owner.
If my answer solved your problem, click Recommend this Answer below, and If it helped you, please give a Kudo.

Hello folks,

I wanted to ensure that everything was covered here.

Thanks for helping here, Ken.

@Diyer84, I hope you've got the answer you're looking for with Ken's help. How's it going? If you're still in need of assistance, feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Mark

Hello Diyer84,

I wanted to see if you still needed help. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Diyer84,

I'm checking in to make sure that you've seen our response. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns before we lock this thread in 24 hours.

Thanks,

Mark