cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to Factory reset via software download

Grapicsa
Community Member

New home and password locked. Connectivity issue: Unable to do factory reset via software package from Google.  Is there another way to do factory reset? Thank you in advance for any help provided.

2 Recommended AnswerS

Hi Laurent, Thanks for your quick response. My bad! I didn’t mention that I attempted the all the steps in the detailed response you shared with me.  The issue is that the thermometer does not seem to connect with any of the MAC computers I accessed.  The Google adviser said he wasn’t aware of any other way of resetting to factory condition.

View Recommended Answer in original post

Anytime. This is most likely a hardware issue that can't be fixed so agree a replacement/upgrade unit is probably the way to go in order to expedite resolution.

View Recommended Answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

laurentbourg
Bronze
Bronze

Yes there is, please follow below instructions, it’s time consuming but should work. 
http://capitalmacservice.com/how-to-reset-a-nest-thermostat-if-you-have-forgotten-the-4-digit-pin-co...

Hi Laurent, Thanks for your quick response. My bad! I didn’t mention that I attempted the all the steps in the detailed response you shared with me.  The issue is that the thermometer does not seem to connect with any of the MAC computers I accessed.  The Google adviser said he wasn’t aware of any other way of resetting to factory condition.

You mean the thermostat is on but you can’t mount it as a device on your mac? Did you try on windows?

Grapicsa
Community Member

I did not try it on windows! “Good thinking.  I’ll attempt that.

Grapicsa
Community Member

Just tried windows: No luck!

Do you get an error or does the computer not even recognize something is plugged?

Grapicsa
Community Member

Computer does not recognize that any device is plugged into port.

Grapicsa
Community Member

I will be purchasing an upgrade to replace this prior generation.  Thanks for your help Laurent.

Anytime. This is most likely a hardware issue that can't be fixed so agree a replacement/upgrade unit is probably the way to go in order to expedite resolution.