cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I turn my heat on, my central air unit turns on and has cold air coming out

Markbovenzi
Community Member

Hi there! 

Hopefully this is an easy question. I haven't changed any wiring in my nest. Everything was working fine until I had to factory reset the unit this evening due to a Google Home / WiFi issue. When setting it back up, I think I did it incorrectly, as when I turn the heat on, my central air unit turns on too and shoots out cold air. 

I've attached a picture of my setup and how I have it setup in the app. I definitely did something wrong haha. But it's gas heat, forced air. I also have a two stage furnace. 

PXL_20221110_045529573.jpg

Screenshot_20221109-235507.png

4 REPLIES 4

Markbovenzi
Community Member

I was able to figure it out. I omitted the Blue (O/B) Wire on setup and just checked Y/Y1, C, W/W1, G/G1, R and that worked. 🤷

Hello Markbovenzi,

Sounds great! Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your inquiry.

I'm glad that you were able to reconfigure your system with your Nest thermostat. I wanted to ensure you were good to go.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Mark

Absolutely. Thanks

Hi Markbovenzi,

Cool! It looks like you have come up with a solution, so I'm going to lock this thread in 24 hours. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to create a new post.

Best regards,

Mark