It is internal battery not replaceable so it should last a long time unless you do not have a C wire connected and it doesnt get enough power from the wiring then it can discharge quickly.
Did you perform a power status test on the Nest to see the Vin Lin readings of the power on the wiring?
Just checking in to make sure that you've seen our responses. Please let me know if you have other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours if I won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.