cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

nest thermostat replacement wont even turn on. (the silver ring)

itsgettingcold
Community Member

I have been getting the w5 codes after my internet goes out and comes back on. The 3rd replacement they sent me wont even turn on! I  have tried charging it with an usb in the back and still no luck. So I put the second one back in and it can run my furnace but no wi fi. While my house is warming up I'm charging the 3rd one a little longer, maybe that will help. So I guess I will probably have to send the 3rd back! The 3rd one blinks green then turns red briefly and then green and then back to that sequence. Please someone help this cold Canadian family! My furnace is about a year old and installed by Reliance and its just a rental. The thermostat came with the furnace maybe I should call them! My internet is with BELL and I have fibre optic cable and the router is 3ft away from thermostat.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick_Caezza
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

@itsgettingcold 

How is the thermostat wired?

Is there a C wire installed?

How long has this problem been going on?

It sounds like a possible install issue to me.

You said it's just a rental. Are you renting it or are you offering it for rent?

To ensure that I see your reply, please tag me using @Patrick_Caezza

itsgettingcold
Community Member

I have my replacement thermostat working now with help from google support. The issue was I had to replace the backing plate with  a new one that was provided with the thermostat. The old one looked identical to the new one so I didnt switch it .