cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

w 5 error gen 3 nest

bernietech
Community Member

w 5 error  gen 3 learning.  followed all troubleshooting .  searched by name of network.  app says off line,  tstat works manually

5 REPLIES 5

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

To get the best support with this, you need to contact the Google Nest support team directly for next steps.

1. Go to Contact Us - Google Nest Help
  2. Select an appropriate product or category, type a brief description of the issue, then click Next.
  3. Click Other, then click Next step.
  4. In the Resources section, click Next step.
  5. Choose to get a phone call, call or chat with the team, depending on availability in your country.

Have your thermostat’s serial number ready to give to the support agent before you call. To find your thermostat’s serial number, pull the display off the base and flip it over. The serial number is above the QR code on the back of the display. When you reach an agent, let them know that you’re seeing the W5 error and that you've already tried restarting the thermostat.

can not access resources or any other info.  the site won't let me get in.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Would you be able to share a photo or screenshot of what you're seeing? 

You don't need to login with an account to access the contact link I shared.

I don't know how to attach screenshot.  Thermostat says w5 error and nest app says off line.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Not a screenshot of your thermostat. You mentioned you weren't able to access the contact link I shared for the support team? 

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp