cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Changing wifi in Google home app

rlaaustin512
Community Member

I changed my wifi password today and was unable to find the wifi settings in the Google home app for my nest mini and all other smart devices connected to Google home. 

This is ridiculously not intuitive and should be way easier to find.

I found a help article that said the network/wifi settings are under "favorites" but they're not on my phone.

I gave up and changed the wifi password back, too complicated. 

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If your device is still connected to an existing Wi-Fi network, you can follow these steps to change the Wi-Fi network it is connected to. See the "Change the Wi-Fi network of your speaker or display" section.

If you've already changed to a different Wi-Fi network, try these steps:

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. At the bottom, tap Devices > + Add > New device.
  3. Follow the in-app steps.

If these steps above don’t solve the issue, you’ll need to factory reset your speaker or display, then set it up again using your new Wi-Fi network and password.

Instead of factory resetting your speaker or display, if you're comfortable changing your router settings, you can change your new Wi-Fi network name and password in your router's settings to be the same as the previous ones. Your device should then automatically connect to the Wi-Fi.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

If your device is still connected to an existing Wi-Fi network, you can follow these steps to change the Wi-Fi network it is connected to. See the "Change the Wi-Fi network of your speaker or display" section.

If you've already changed to a different Wi-Fi network, try these steps:

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. At the bottom, tap Devices > + Add > New device.
  3. Follow the in-app steps.

If these steps above don’t solve the issue, you’ll need to factory reset your speaker or display, then set it up again using your new Wi-Fi network and password.

Instead of factory resetting your speaker or display, if you're comfortable changing your router settings, you can change your new Wi-Fi network name and password in your router's settings to be the same as the previous ones. Your device should then automatically connect to the Wi-Fi.