cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Disney+ Not working in Android devices on Google Wifi

Martini
Community Member

Hi

I have a Chromecast with GoogleTV, Android TV, Samsung A31, A51 and Google Pixel phone,  and those were working fine with Disney+.

A month Disney+ started to show an error that shows it is unable to connect.

20220420_164145.jpg

What I tried and my settings:

- I did a factory reset on this "Chromecast with GoogleTV " and I still have the same issue.
- Deleted Disney+ app cache.
- I had reinstalled Disney +
- Chromecast with GoogleTV:  Cast Firmware: 1.52.253741
- I have network of four Google Wifi (1st Gen 14150.43.80)
- Disney+ version 2.5.1-rc1 (April 19, 2022)

Now this is what it is strange:

- On the same wifi network, with a Windows laptop, Disney+ works fine on the Browser.
- If on the Windows laptop I created a "Wifi Hotspot" (notice this is a hotspot with the same Google wifi network, not a data plan) and I connect the Chromecast to that Wifi, Disney+ starts working.

- If on the phone I turn off the wifi and use the data plan, Disney+ starts to work.

Is there a way Google Wifi is blocking Disney+ only for Android devices?

Is there any other tip that can help me?

Regards

40 REPLIES 40

Followup. That did not fix it for me. I have a Google nest wifi router. Wired thing is that it even says "no internet" on the wifi connection. But if i do a internet test it says full connection on the tv. But Google play store and the other sites still don't work. Only Netflix. YouTube don't work anymore. 

I also changed DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4. restarted all devices at least twice.

Tv info.

Model name .

U65C70*6

Android version. 8.0.0

Model. Percee tv.

Kernalversion. 3.10.79

TCL smart tv. 

Just can't wrap my head around why it all worked before i added the Google nest wifi router and not now. So it has to be something with the Google nest. And not my tv or internett provider.