cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Wifi Pics/vids do not load on Some Apps (FB, Insta, whatsapp, etc.)

BiboucheTLV
Community Member

I have used Gogle Wifi for many years (https://store.google.com/us/product/google_wifi_2nd_gen?hl=en-US ) without any issue.

For the past week, both our iOS, Mac and PC devices connected to our mesh have been unable to load pictures and videos on apps like Whatsapp, Facebook or Instagram.

If I switch those devices to my ISP's wifi router, those pictures no problem.

Could you help?

6 REPLIES 6

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Have you tried restarting your Wifi network?

1. Open the Google Home app.
  2. Tap Favorites > Wifi > Network settings > Restart entire network.

Have you also restarted your devices?

I just upgraded to google pro wifi and I am having the same issues.  I have restarted and reset everything many times, it is just a short term fix, the problem always comes back.  I might need to go back to the orig nest Wi-Fi. 

It’s been working now for 24 hours.  Ill keep you up if it comes back.  

Thanks! I restarted (I had never done a restart since installing years ago…) and it’s working now. We can see all the pics snd videos loading normally on social media sites and whatsapp

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Glad to hear it!

SamW1568
Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue. Images, videos losing slow and buffering. I've restarted and it's good for a day or so. I've turned off IP6. I have an old spare router in the house and if I plug that in instead of the nest Wi-Fi Pro everything is fine. When I run speed tests in the nest Wi-Fi Pro it says I have 700 mbps down and up. My connection is definitely not the problem. I have a Plex server in my office and my Chromecast connected via Wi-Fi keeps telling me the connection is not fast enough to the server. It's all on the internal LAN nothing to do with WAN. I'm really starting to regret my purchase.

Any advice welcome.