cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Help please: Network is offline Make sure that your Wi-Fi router is online and connected to your mod

Danielme
Community Member

Hey guys

I recently factory reset my GOOGLE WIFI ROUTER (2 OTHER MESH SPEAKERS/HUBS ARE USUALLY CONNECTED BUT NOW I'VE DISCONNECTED TO TRY SET UP THE ROUTER).

Upon running set up via my android phone:

(google home app,

ADD "+" sign devices,

selected "google nest or partner device",

choose home,

..."looking for device",

Nearby devices selected "NEST WIFI ROUTER",

Scan QR code,

..eventually comes up with this screen:

Make sure that your Wi-Fi router is online and connected to your modem. If you recently factory reset your Wi-Fi router, you'll need to remove the network from the app. In the home tab, tap the Wi-Fi button. Go to Settings and factory reset your network

I HAVE ONLY CONNECTED THE BROADBAND ETHERNET CABLE TO THE WAN PORT... even when I've disconnected this and repeated these actions, I still get the same prompt.

Help please... really annoyed and unsure what to do next.

Dan

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Then I'd recommend factory resetting the Wifi points using the "offline" reset steps.

Factory reset your Wifi device - Google Nest Help

Scroll to the bottom of the article, select “My device isn’t available in the Google Home app” then select the model you have to see the reset steps.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

On the Favourites tab of the Google Home app, do you see a big button for Wi-Fi?

Danielme
Community Member

Thanks David for your reply! I don't see that wifi button ever since I removed the nest router from the home app... thanks for your help 👍 

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Then I'd recommend factory resetting the Wifi points using the "offline" reset steps.

Factory reset your Wifi device - Google Nest Help

Scroll to the bottom of the article, select “My device isn’t available in the Google Home app” then select the model you have to see the reset steps.

Danielme
Community Member

Thanks David for your time... I have removed the GOOGLE ROUTER/WIFI device a few times and tried to add it back to Google Home... didn't work 3 times but did work on my 4th try... didn't do anything differently. I've successfully added the other 2 mesh wifi points too... everything is perfect, thanks for solution!