cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to schedule reboot of Google Wi-Fi

DoubleOhZero
Community Member

The forced migration to the Google Home app (which is an inferior version of the Google Wi-Fi app) seems to have been the turning point when my rock solid Google mesh turned to sludge. Nothing I can do about that since Google isn't listening to anyone.

I've seen hundreds of these posts asking for help with speed degradation in Google Wi-Fi and Google Nest routers. What I haven't seen are any answers. As simple fix would be a way to schedule a reboot, since rebooting every day or two is what I'm doing manually right now. So... How can I schedule a reboot. The logical solution would be to set up a routine in the Google Home app, but the option seems to be completely missing. Is there a way to send an HTTPS POST to the router to request a reboot? I'm assuming that's how the Google Home app requests a reboot. 

42 REPLIES 42

Asbjørn
Community Member

I just had enough and decided to return my nest wifi to the store (Elgiganten, Denmark), under warranty. They asked no questions since they were well aware of the problem. They told me they even started advising people against buying these inferior routers. 

I've had mine too long to return, but I'm no less disappointed. I like the integration with Google home and the features it has for management, but it fails at its primary mission.

chriskeeble
Community Member

Yes, it's really not good.

We've also just had our Google Nest Thermostat fail for the second time - we replaced the first one in March 2022, and the replacement has just failed last weekend (end of July 2023). It took us 3 months to get our refund last time as the original supplier didn't have any stock or know when they were coming in.  The replacement unit was bought from Toolstation, and is (thankfully) with a 2 year warranty. Started the support process under warranty two days ago, and am now having to go through the whole laborious process again as have had no confirmation email etc. - Google are a joke company these days, more interested in censoring free speech on YouTube for their leftist woke overlords than focusing on decent tech products. The sooner we can find time and money to move everything away from Google, the better.